Ensuring compensation for your loss
Wrongful death is a tragic situation in which someone loses his or her life due to the negligence or willful misconduct of another. The law allows for a just financial compensation to the survivors for the income the victim likely would have earned had he or she lived, related financial benefits to the survivors and medical and funeral costs. At Cherkaoui & Associates PLLC we can represent you in wrongful death claim and aggressively pursue your case.
There can be many causes of wrongful death, including:
- Medical malpractice, including errors made during surgery or in-patient care
- A car or truck accident caused by a negligent driver
- Negligence in the workplace
- An accident in a public place caused by faulty maintenance or construction
- Criminal behavior
How to file a wrongful death lawsuit
The law requires that a wrongful death suit include specific elements, including:
- One or more survivors, who can be the victim’s spouse, children, other dependents or parents
- A financial loss to the survivors due to the lack of the victim’s income
- An increase in living expenses for tasks that the victim performed (for example, the cost of hiring a handyman to make routine repairs that the victim once performed)
Filing a wrongful death lawsuit involves several steps. First, the suit must establish that the death was caused by negligence or criminal behavior. It must also demonstrate that the financial compensation the suit requests is fair based on the deceased’s earning power and other factors. The suit must also name all affected survivors, and explain how the compensation will be distributed among them, should the lawsuit succeed. Filing a suit requires knowledge of the Texas wrongful death laws, as well as experience with such lawsuits.
As wrongful death attorneys in Texas, we understand the requirements of the law and can use our experience to evaluate your case. We can deal with insurance companies and in litigate your cases in court. We are equipped to aggressively pursue your case to obtain fair and just compensation for you.
YOU PAY NOTHING UNLESS WE RECOVER. CALL (281) 946-9466
Get a FREE TELEPHONE CONSULTATION for wrongful death representation, and pay no fees until we win your case. Our team is here to help you get the reimbursement you deserve for economic damages as well as pain and suffering. Request the services of our law firm in Houston, Texas, to get the personal injury law experts working for you.